REGISTRATION AND PRIVACY
Registration: At the Gibson Online Store, you have the option to register with an email address and a chosen password. You will then be prompted to create an account to include billing and shipping information and this information will be retained in the system if you return and login; we will never store your credit card information. This information can be changed and updated as often as needed.
Password: Your order information and history are protected by a password that you dictate. If you forget your password, you may click the “Forget your password” link located on the Login Page. Your password will then be emailed to the email address on file.
Availability: It is our policy to only accept orders for items we have in stock. We show all items available from our online store however, if an item is unavailable it will be listed as "Temporarily Out Of Stock" and will be unavailable for purchase. Types of product and inventory changes daily and we advise you to check back frequently for your hardware and gear needs.
Checkout: Due to the real-time nature of the Internet, there is a rare possibility that multiple people could be placing order(s) for the same product just seconds before you. To address this, we have set a final inventory check on a product prior to the order confirmation, therefore an item's availability or quantity may be updated at this point. If an item becomes unavailable, you will notified prior to the order confirmation.
Funds/Payment:Gibson Online Store only accepts orders over the Internet. The Gibson Online Store currently accepts most major Credit Cards including:
- American Express
- Diners Club
All credit card orders are subject to verification and approval by the card-issuing bank and/or lender. NOTE: WE DO NOT RETAIN CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but the security of your financial information is very important to us.
Sales Tax: Sales tax is calculated to the following states: IL, NY, TN, TX, WA, CA, DC, MN, AR, CT. Tax is calculated according to local tax laws in the jurisdiction where the order is shipped.
International Shipping and Sales or VAT Tax: If you are shipping to a country outside the USA, Gibson Online Store will not charge you for any applicable import tax, customs duty, brokerage fees, or VAT charges. Any additional charges (if required by your country) will be collected by FedEx when the product is delivered or by a third party brokerage firm (where applicable). To determine what these charges will be, you should contact either your local government or your local FedEx office.
Gibson Online Store is required by U.S. law to declare an accurate monetary value on all shipments.
Payment Safety: With the Gibson Online Store, you can order online with confidence. The Gibson Online Store uses the latest SSL encryption technology (the internet standard for secure transactions) to protect your credit card and/or banking information.
Shipping: All orders are shipped Monday - Friday via FedEx. Shipping amounts are calculated according to the carrier rates and a small handling fee. All shipping and handling fees will be displayed during the checkout process.
We are unable to ship orders to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
International shipping: Shipping instruments containing Rosewood internationally is heavy regulated by the CITES Organization as well as the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. For all international orders requiring CITES Permits, please allow 8-10 weeks for processing of your order. For further information regarding CITES regulations, you may read more here.
24-Hour Shipment: Our warehouse hours are Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM to 3:30PM CST, closed Saturday, Sunday and U.S. holidays. When you order from Gibson Online Store during regular business hours Monday-Thursday and before 3:00 p.m. on Friday, your order will typically leave our warehouse within 48-hours.
Delivery Times: The information supplied below is an estimate and no shipping delivery time can be guaranteed. For more shipping information, please contact your local FedEx store at http://www.fedex.com/
- FedEx Home Delivery: Delivery in 1–5 business days within the contiguous U.S.; 3–7 business days to and from Alaska and Hawaii.
- FedEx 2Day: By 4:30 p.m. in 2 business days to most areas (by 7 p.m. to residences).
- FedEx Standard Overnight: Next-business-day delivery by 3 p.m. to most U.S. addresses; by 4:30 p.m. to rural areas.
Signature Requirements: For orders containing instruments, a signature will be required upon delivery.
Customer Service: Our dedicated Customer Service Representatives can assist you with any product questions you may have. Simply contact Customer Service at 1.800.4.GIBSON (U.S. only, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or 1.615.871.4500 (outside of the U.S., Monday – Friday, 8:00-5:00 p.m. CST) or email us at email@example.com with your questions.
Warranty:Gibson Online Store offers the following warranty on its product offerings:
- Instruments – Please visit http://www.gibson.com/Support/Warranty.aspx for warranty coverage information
- Strings – No warranty after 30 days from invoice date.
- Instrument care – No warranty after 30 days from invoice date.
- Accessories (Straps, etc) – No warranty after 30 days from invoice date.
- Parts – There is a limited lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects (contact 1.800.4.GIBSON for more information).
- Pickups – There is a limited lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects (contact 1.800.4.GIBSON for more information.)
- Clothing – No warranty after 30 days from invoice date.
Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not 100% completely satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days of the invoice date for a full refund of the product purchase price, full credit, or exchange of your choice. Depending on the return situation and condition of product, returns may be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
All products must be returned within 30 days of invoice date and meet the criteria specified below:
- Instruments must be in brand new, original condition and show no signs of wear or use including, but not limited to, pick scratches, belt-buckle scratches, scuffs, dings or scrapes on the instrument, case, or collateral materials. Guitars must also include all original packaging, cases, manuals, warranties, certificates, and accessories that were included with the original purchase or your return may be subject to a return handling charge or a minimum 15% restocking fee for returns that are not in original brand new condition. Your refund will be quickly processed once we confirm that your returned item meets these requirements.
- Strings – Only defective accepted and cannot show signs of long-term usage. This also includes incorrectly packaged string sets.
- Instrument care –Product may only be returned if unopened.
- Accessories (Straps, etc) – Product cannot show signs of long term use.
- Parts – Product cannot show signs of long term use.
- Pickups – Product cannot show signs of long term use. Additionally, we offer the option of after 30 days and up to 60 days of invoice date, returns can be made for an exchange of another Gibson Pickup only of equal or lesser value.
- Clothing – Product may only be returned in new condition.
- Jewelry – Product cannot show signs of long term use.
To return your shipment, please follow the return steps listed here, and pack your return carefully to prevent damage in shipment. All returns must:
- You must obtain and include a Return Merchandise Authorization Number. The RMA number may be obtained by submitting a return request from your account page. (Go to “Account”, then click “Orders”, select the order which contains the item(s) that you wish to return, click “request return”, complete and submit the Return Request form.) Return requests will be reviewed and you will be contacted with further instructions. Once the RMA# is issued, you will be provided with return shipping instructions. Buyer is responsible for all return shipping charges. If you need assistance with submitting a return request for your order, please contact our Customer Service Dept. at 1.800.4.GIBSON (U.S. only, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or 1.615.871.4500 (outside of the U.S) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product must be in the original packaging complete with all collateral materials such as mounting hardware, care kits, hang cards, certificates of authenticity, warranty cards, manuals, and any other materials that originally shipped with the product.
- For returns based upon taste (only acceptable within 30 days), product must be in brand-new condition, showing no signs of wear or use such as scuffs, dings, or scrapes. All collateral materials should be in the same condition as when they were shipped.
- Contain copy of sales receipt generated at time of sale.
Returns missing any of the above are subject to refusal or a 15% restocking fee at Gibson's discretion. Returns purchased from Store.Gibson.com may only be made through Gibson Customer Service, and not through a Gibson Authorized Dealer.